Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Time for another meme

I got this meme by e-mail today, from a lovely girl I shared a house with many moons ago (along with three other people).

1. What is your occupation right now?
IT Support, with art and writing as a sideline.

2. What colour are your socks right now?
I'm not wearing any, wearing socks is a no-no with open-toed shoes, don't you know?

3. What are you listening to right now?
The humming fans of two computers.

4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Coco Pops for breakfast. Oh dear.

5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Yep. We just say "manual" in Australia, though.

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My sister.

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
I sure do, she bakes yummy things!

8. How old are you today?
Early thirties (and that is all I will say on the matter).

9. What is your favourite sport to watch on TV?
I don't really watch sport, but if I was channel-hopping and they showed kendo, I would probably watch that, for nostalgia's sake.

10. What is your favourite drink?
It varies according to time of day and season. Right now I could really go for a Bundaberg ginger beer.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
I still do. Stupid genetics and premature greying.

12. Favourite food?
Hmm, again this varies from day to day. I will never refuse sweet and sour fish, if it's prepared properly (thin batter, and sauce made from scratch, not that neon-red stuff out of a bottle). Surprisingly, I quite like sweet and sour pork made with the neon-red stuff out of a bottle.

13. What is the last movie you watched?
The Dark Knight. It was OK (ooh, sacrilege!)

14. Favourite day of the year?
Any day that I get to sleep in and have nothing schedule for.

15. How do you vent anger?
I write a long, indignant blog post about the catalyst.

16. What was your favourite toy as a child?
I can name several that stand out in my memory, but don't have one picked out as a favourite: a wooden beagle on a leash whose legs made little circles in the air when you pulled him along, a Papa Smurf puppet, wooden building blocks, Lego (kept in a yellow tartan suitcase), my Magna-Doodle, a train set with a little elevator and a slide for passengers, a Strawberry Shortcake rag doll, a little red car that you could sit in and pedal, my cousins' Fisher-Price cash register (I was delighted to see this many years later at the V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green), the purple My Little Pony Unicorn, I think her name was Starlight, an old bell tower that we would climb up on and pretend was a pirate ship, and my bicycle.

17. What is your favourite season?
Spring.

18. Cherries or Blueberries?
Delicious, ripe cherries.

19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?
Usually. It's nice to be acknowledged, although I suppose someone has to end the conversation sometime.

20. Who is the most likely to respond?
Oh, I don't plan to send this to anyone, although I'll put it on the blog, and if anyone would like to give it a go, I'd love to read theirs!

21. Who is least likely to respond?
It doesn't matter. See number 20.

22. Living arrangements?
Living at home with my family, saving lots of money, and alternating between an existence of hilarity and frustration.

23. When was the last time you cried?

***
GREY'S ANATOMY SPOILER COMING UP***

Last week. I was watching Grey's Anatomy and got all teary when Eric Stoltz's character was executed by lethal injection ("Stairway to Heaven"). I lurve you, Eric!

*** GREY'S ANATOMY SPOILER ENDS***

24. What is on the floor of your closet?
Shoes, a bag of clothes to give away, some old artwork that I should file away properly, and a basket filled with kendo shinai.

25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to?
See number 20.

(I could send a copy to Nicky, but she takes months to reply to a message on Facebook. So what chance would this have? I hope your ears are burning, Nicky. Where's my reply?)

26. What did you do last night?
Read updates on Twitter. Played with the demo version of Crayon Physics. Caught up on Penny Arcade comics. Watched episodes of Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy that I had recorded. Tore myself away from Bubble Spinner so I could attend to some laundry, then practised the violin till the washing was done.

27. What are you most afraid of?
If I've read or watched any horror, I have a lot of trouble sleeping that night and have to have the light on. Night fears may include, "There's a vampire in the closet!", "Creepy chick from the Ring is standing next to my bed!", "Poltergeist floating on the ceiling, waiting to pounce!", and, "Serial killer in the backyard!"

I have managed to sleep with the light off all this week and am very proud of myself.

28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
Plain, with sauce. As horrific as it sounds, I really like the McDonald's hamburger (it's just their cheeseburger with no cheese).

29. Favourite dog breed?
Dachshund, but I don't want to own a pure-bred one because of their back problems; I had enough heartache with my last one. On the days that his back was bothering him, he couldn't move and would just look up at you pitifully from his bed. I would have to take him to the vet for pain-killer injections.

30. Favourite day of the week?
Saturday, of course. Hooray for sleep-ins! (The anticipation on Friday night is also good.)

31. How many states have you lived in?
Two. New South Wales and Western Australia.

32. Diamonds or pearls?
Carnelians. I don't wear much jewellery, although I like admiring it in shop windows and on people.

33. What is your favourite flower?
Large white orchids with a pink blush.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound easy to please! Jaymez

an9ie said...

Which is why I'm usually quite happy :) Take today, for example. I'm going to make roast pork with extra crackling for dinner and the whole day has been suffused with joy and gleeful anticipation (well, except for the sulky check-out chick at Woolies who spoke in grunts, but I'll bet she's not having roast pork with crackling for dinner tonight! HA-ha!)

Genevieve said...

#2- LOL I always hate seeing people wear socks with sandals or open- toed shoes XD

#5- We generally say "manual" here, too.

#10- My husband LOVES ginger beers. He always gets excited when he finds a new one ;D

#27- .... or "ZOMBIES BANGING ON THE DOOR!!" I love horror but I always have trouble falling asleep when I watch it. Not read, though. Weirdly enough. *shrugs*

#29- :(

#32- Me too!

#33- Oooo lovely! :)

I enjoyed this very much! :D

an9ie said...

Ah, yes #27, now you've given me another one to think about ...
...
...
Darn it!