Saturday, February 28, 2009

Coldplay concert, short version

Concert was ten kinds of awesome. Regret not listening to more Coldplay songs and learning lyrics. A little like the morning of my neural computation exam. (I think I understood about 30% of that unit. Which is probably why I only knew the answers to about 30% of the exam and spent the rest of the time staring at the back of Chris's shirt. It had a light green ferny pattern on it. Oops, there I go, getting distracted again.)

Anyway, very jealous of Gwyneth Paltrow*. Also, bass guitarist Guy very hot. Now that I think abuot it, I thought Alex, the bass player from Blur was hot too. And Nicky Wire from Manic Street Preachers**. See trend emerging. Perhaps should learn to play bass guitar. Certainly no attractive male violinists spring to mind. Nah, just kidding. Didn't I just write a post about how much I love the violin? I still love you, my little violin!

Clocks! Woo! Yellow! Woo! Viva la Vida! Woo! Songs old and new! Woo!

Yellow balloons! Pretty confetti butterflies! Loved the outfits, painted instruments and overall theme. Lots of new ideas for arty stuff entered brain. I only hope it retains some memories tomorrow.

Need shower ... bed now. Talk later.

Update (Sunday, March 1st): I wish the stage at Burswood Dome was higher. My right calf and my neck are still sore from standing on my tip-toes and craning my neck to see. And we weren't that far away from the stage, either!

Update (Tuesday, April 7th): Hey, here's another review of the same concert on the Coldplaying website: http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5862 and they mention my Twitter feed from that night!

* Perhaps not. I hear the man is a workaholic. Great for the fans, perhaps not so good for the family. Where do I find out about this stuff? Why, by browsing through that celebrated bastion of sterling journalism--Woman's Day!
** Speaking of Manic Street Preachers, there was a Coldplay song that reminded me a lot of their stuff. I must go back and listen to their Holy Bible album.

1 Comment:

Genevieve said...

I've found that bassists are usually the most attractive members in bands. At least from my POV ;)

Sounds exciting! :D