Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Op shopping: Dalarna/horsie/pinata tray


I found this little tray in Good Sammy's for $1. The bright colours and the toy-like quality of the horse just really appealed to me. I'm going to get some clear plastic and cut it to the right size for the bottom of the tray, so that I can put things on it without scratching the finish. The tray is a perfect size for holding coins, jewellery, or marshmallows.

an9ie: Do you think this is a bit tacky?

MFC: It's a colourful piñata horse. What's not to like?

I Googled "Dalarna" and there it was in Wikipedia. Dalarna is a province in Sweden, and the horse above is a famous symbol of the province called a Dalecarlian horse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Jaymez

Genevieve said...

a dalahäst! i love those so much! i never see anything like that around here. maybe i should check dollar stores...

tokyobling said...

1$? Good find! That would sell for ten times as much (at least) in Sweden! Looks nice too. Well done!