Friday, August 29, 2008

Things that get handsy in the night

This morning I woke up for no reason at around 5.45am.

I was having an excellent dream. G. I. Joe may have been in it, and Russian soldiers, and there were explosions and guns and whatnot. Part of me knew that it was a dream, and was taking notes, because it had an awesome plot (well, I was dreaming) and I was hoping to turn it into a screenplay.

And then ... *bing* my eyes just opened and suddenly I was wide awake. I have a strange talent, (I'm sure other people will have another name for it) of waking up in exactly the same position that I fell asleep in, especially if I'm very relaxed. So I'll fall asleep on my back, hands at my side, and wake up in the same position in the morning, with pillows, covers, everything, unruffled.

Like a vampire!

So, I was wide awake for no reason, the alarm wasn't due to go off for another 45 minutes, and I was a little annoyed, because my incredible (LOL) dream was already starting to fade away. I closed my eyes and tried to go back to sleep. And then something gently stroked my cheek.

It wasn't an insect or a breath of wind or anything like that. I distinctly felt something soft, like a hand (if anyone makes any dirty comments they will be immediately deleted, I am warning you now) stroke the left side of my face from my temple to my chin. There was some hair over my face and I felt that tighten and press against my face as the sensation travelled down my face.

ARRRRGH. So creepy! I immediately sat up and I could feel my pulse going crazy.

Despite being terrified of the dark and Sadako, I'm still fence-sitting regarding the existence of the paranormal. But in this case, the alternative to a ghostly visitor is some kind of elongated face twitch or neurological thing. So I prefer the "ghostly visitor" theory for now*.

I then fell asleep with the light on and had some strange dreams about watching a Chinese music expert play a six-stringed fiddle, a harp that you played by folding the strings with little silver chopsticks, and a heavy cast-iron tube that played like a music box and cooked Mung bean pudding at the same time. I got to have a go and it was very heavy. Didn't get to eat any Mung beans though.

Then I woke up very grumpy at 7.30. Bleah.

* For some reason, my thoughts turned to my godmother in the UK, and how when I was a (STUPID) little girl, I asked her to prove that there was life after death by visiting me (when she died). I think I was only 7 or 8 then, but I was a pretty morbid little kid. Geez, what with that and the whole vampire turning thing, I suspect I have some kind of subconscious death wish. Or at least a subconscious frighten-me-until-I-wet-my-pants wish.

1 Comment:

Genevieve said...

I'll fall asleep on my back, hands at my side, and wake up in the same position in the morning, with pillows, covers, everything, unruffled. Like a vampire!

LMAO god i laughed SO HARD when i read that XD

oh that is toooo creepy! >_< maybe it WAS sadako! =O