Thursday, July 10, 2008

TV I'm loving

Nothing to watch while all your favourite shows go on (Northern hemisphere) summer break? Here are some shows I've recently discovered and loved. Look for them on DVD and hopefully they'll tide you over this dry spell.

Kitchen Confidential (read about it on IMDB and Wikipedia): Based on the book by rebel chef Anthony Bourdain, this comedy was axed before it had even run for a full season. I cannot believe Fox didn't keep this around. Their loss.

Bradley Cooper, who played Will Tippin in the early seasons of Alias, has a fast mouth and excellent comedy writing to flaunt it. He also has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen on a man. Lots of famous TV names in this one: Bonnie Sommerville (from Cashmere Mafia), John Cho (one of the funniest Asian-Americans I've seen - this is high praise from me) and Nicholas Brendon (Xander's back! And he's a pastry chef! Woo!)

Hotel Babylon (read about it on IMDB and Wikipedia): A comedy/drama series about the hidden life of a London five-star hotel, and the people who keep its secrets. Dexter Fletcher (you may remember him as Spike from Press Gang) is the concierge who can get you anything at any time of day, and one of the main reasons I watch the show. It's funny, slick and honest.

Nip/Tuck (read about it on IMDB and Wikipedia): I happened to catch an episode of this on Foxtel at a friend's house and I am hooked. Yes, I know it's won an Emmy and a Golden Globe and I am probably the last person in the Western world to start watching this, but I was put off by Julian McMahon and his previous ties to the execrable Charmed. All is forgiven, Julian. Come into my arms!

Um, put down the scalpel first.

1 Comment:

Genevieve said...

oh xander. how i love thee. ^_^

i was so addicted to nip/tuck the first season. after that i stopped being friends with the girl with cable so i haven't watched it, lol. been debating on getting the dvds, though.