Friday, July 11, 2008

Bargain Hunter

The prey: A Filofax organiser
RRP: $44.95
Paid: $15.00

I've always wanted a Filofax but could never justify paying the full price. I like how you can buy refills for them as well (fairly reasonably priced refills at that), instead of buying a new diary every year.

Yep, I'm old school. I've been using pen and paper ever since my electronic personal organiser showed a very useful message that said, "Memory corrupted. Delete all or turn off?". REALLY HELPFUL. Not. 

I am feeling pretty damn pleased with myself right now, I can tell you that.

It's a real one! Pretty, shiny leather.

I like the simplicity of this model. It's like something Hemingway might have had, don't you think? Except his would have looked like it had been through the wars, seen the running of the bulls, basked in the sunset at Montmartre: a well-stuffed and slightly battered keeper of secrets.

Mmm, leather. Sniff it. SNIFF IT.

I love a bargain.

2 comments:

Juliness said...

Oooh, me too! I always have a 'paper' back-up calendar/contact list. Love the simplicity of electronic storage but having lost EVERYTHING more than once, I learned my lesson.

Genevieve said...

ooo lovely! i could use one of those myself!
i never use electronic ones mostly because they're rather expensive and i can't figure out all the features anyways! x_x

great deal, btw! i love a good deal myself :)