Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ego-stroking

"Sweetie!" I cry as I bound into the house. "You'll never believe what happened to me tonight!"

MFC is looking at XBox accessories on the Internet. He turns and smiles at me encouragingly.

"Someone chatted me up at the pub!"

Understandably, his eyes start to roll towards the heavens, while I continue my story excitedly.

"I had dinner with Neville* at the pub tonight, and then he went to the loo, and while I was waiting for him near the bar, this good-looking guy in a green t-shirt came up to me and said, 'How's your evening been, gorgeous?'"

"SIGH," sighs MFC (and perhaps you too, gentle readers).

But you know what? I'm sitting here all mellow with a Bailey's in my hand, I've found a new, very funny, very well-written blog to read, my belly is full of Irish pork sausage and mash, and a young, good-looking guy thought I was hot, even though I had no make-up on, my hair was tied up in a pony-tail, and I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Life is good.

* Not his real name. "Neville" is an old friend from Uni.

1 Comment:

Genevieve said...

it's always so awesome to get hit on. especially when you feel like you look not- so- awesome.