Thursday, January 24, 2008

Excitement in the hen house!

In November I was asked if I would like to participate in a very exciting project, and today I had my first face-to-face meeting to discuss it in more detail.

I'm really glad I followed #10 of Phil's Rules: never go into a meeting without a calendar, pen and paper--I felt very prepared and professional. Thanks, juliness!

Without giving too much away, I think you'll like the result, because it means the snarkery here that you've come to know (and love--you do love it, right?) will get a new lease on life.

So keep an eye on this blog, and keep that finger poised above the mouse to bookmark the page when it comes!

========

In other news, on Monday I'll be going overseas with my parents and my brother to visit the home folks for a couple of weeks.

(MFC is beside himself with glee, he's calculated that with four of us travelling, and all of us teetotallers, this means 9 litres of duty-free alcomahol for his cocktail collection.)

The visit is for a dry and official reason that I won't bore you with, but happily coincides with Chinese New Year. I'll get to see the cousins I grew up with, and my crazy aunts who live next door to each other and probably use binoculars from their balconies to spy on each other (I wish I was joking). Hopefully I'll even get to visit my old school and take a photo to show you (if it's still there)--it has a moat with waterlilies in it and looks like a Chinese temple.

I'll try to blog as much as I can, but if I don't, see you in February!

2 comments:

Juliness said...

Very cool! I'll tell Phil.

Awesome news about the trip too. Can't wait to see photos.

Genevieve said...

I'm really excited for your post(s?) about your family visit when you get back. I can't wait to see pictures of your school- I hope it's still there! ^_^