Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Just a little epilogue

I was telling my mother about the experience with the Ms described two posts ago, and really, sometimes when I see what this woman is capable of, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that she gave birth to me and passed on the passive-aggressive traits of twenty generations of Chinese women:

an9ie: - so then I told them I was in the middle of a phone-call, and closed the door. Haha!

Mum: No, no, no! You shouldn't answer the door at all!

an9ie: Well, it's not like we have a peephole or anything ... except sometimes you know it's them because they bang on the door instead of using the doorbell*.

Mum: (Suddenly whispering) You go to the living room window like this (creeps to the window).

an9ie: (Whispering) Why are you whispering?

Mum: - and then slo-owly pull the curtain aside (slo-owly pulls curtain aside) ... but you have to do it really carefully, so they don't see the curtains twitch.

an9ie: And then what - you just crouch there watching them like an extra from Psycho?

Mum: Well, then you know it's really them, and you don't let your father answer the door!

an9ie: (Rolls eyes.)

* I wonder why - it's not like they're Amish and can't use electricity.

3 comments:

Juliness said...

Isn't it a nice feeling when you truly identify with your family?

Genevieve said...

haha your mom is hilar. that's awesome.

Bronwyn, said...

Your Mum's fun. :-)