Saturday, August 11, 2007

New York

Hey guys,

I've read your comments but unfortunately don't have time to reply to them - I'm on a timed Internet connection and I can see it ticking down as I type. Thank you so much for all your kind wishes, I'm having a great time, love this city, love the humidity, love the way total strangers feel completely at ease commenting on what you're doing at the time or just talking to you (well, the non-creepy ones that is). Most New Yorkers seem quite friendly and polite, and the ones that aren't, well, I'm enough of a tourist to chalk it up to novelty. Why, just the other day a guy I bumped into rasped, "Watch where you're goin'!" in a genuine Queens accent :p And a pregnant woman that I offered to help just glared at me. Que sera sera.

Last night, after the ferry past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, we went to a new comedy club on the corner of 9th Avenue and West 14th, I think it's called Comix. The line-up was awesome, with friendly heckling, since we were in the front row. If any of you guys are looking for a night out, I highly recommend it. You can get half-price drinks during happy hour (M-F, 5.30 to 7.30) and if you choose to have dinner there the food is pretty good, although the service is a little slow. And the comic line-up we had was pretty first class, they were all funny, and some well-known names like Ted Alexandro, who MFC and I knew quite well from Comedy Channel. (BTW, I have an enormous crush on him especially after he singled me out when making some Asian jokes - but funny friendly ones - and shared OCD :)

All this holiday eating is definitely starting to harden my arteries though, but it all tastes so good! Example: I had a crispy chicken sandwich last night and I thought just the chicken would be fried, but the bread was too. Whoa.

Dang, 44 seconds left. Byeeee!

1 Comment:

tfp said...

Oooooh, crispy chicken fried sandwich sounds great! Hope you're having a good time!