Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Away on holiday - not long now!

Hey everybody,

In a few hours I’ll be on a plane to Sydney, and then, on a plane to New York! Woo!

I’m looking forward to it, but not to the packing (yes, a little bit of last-minute packing to do, accompanied by last-minute what have I forgotten now-itis), the flight or legendary New York customs (where my cousin was forced to drink 500ml of water in one go to prove it wasn't poisoned, and submit to about an hour of questioning because she had an Asian passport).

So many tiny bottles and clear plastic bags to comply with anti-terrorism what-not. The long hours on the plane, where surly flight attendants bring you a small cup of water every three hours … If only there was some way to contract temporary tsetse fly sickness and
fall asleep at will.

But it will all be worth it when I get there :)

I hope to do a little catching up from Internet cafes and people’s houses, but if not, I’ll see you all in early September!

Xo Angie

4 comments:

Blandwagon said...

But what of Fatal Frame II, an9ie? Who will keep the forces of evil under control while you're gone?

Juliness said...

Have a fabulous time! We expect some great photos to be posted on your return.

Call me if you need anything!

Genevieve said...

Uhm NYC? Dude that's only.... like 10 hours from my house.

I hope all goes well & dooood. If you come near the DC- area at all srsly email me. ^_^

Be safe & have fun!

girlanddog said...

Have fun! I've got two words for you: Tylenol Sleep. Works WONDERS!