Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Having a sick day at home

Dad's retired, Mum had the day off, and Glen was on holiday, so I didn't get as much rest at home as you think. Still, it was quite nice spending Tuesday at home with the family. Mostly I lay in bed with my door open, falling in and out of sleep, while my mother wandered in and out with cups of tea/barley water/soup.

By evening, I could sit up, and (of course) finished watching the rest of Entourage Season 3. So I'm pretty much all caught up. This show just gets better and better. I'm loving the interaction between Ari and Mrs Ari.

I'm a realistic person - even when I have a crush on a fictional character in a TV series, I'm completely happy for them if they're paired with the right woman. Awesome, awesome casting. The Yom Kippur (Jewish Day of Atonement) episode is hilarious, and there are some great scenes with Ari's daughter, Sarah.

Sarah: You want me to lie?!
Ari: That is the beauty of Yom Kippur. As long as you apologize by sundown, doesn't matter what you do.

Sarah: I hate this, I'm starving.
Ari: Now you know what Mommy goes through every day to make a hot body for Daddy.

*****MAY CONTAIN SOME FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS SPOILERS*****

Obviously, since Entourage episodes are a whole 20 minutes long, I finished them pretty quickly. Now I'm back onto Friday Night Lights. I watched the first two episodes a few months ago to get a taste of the show, and I cried and laughed my heart out.

It is so well-written, and I heart HotKyle (Chandler) more than ever. Connie Britton is magnificent as his wife. I also like the way she calls him, "Sugar".

See? I'm not bitter when they choose good ladies for my leading men.

Scott Porter is incredible as Jason Street. They certainly don't play down the brutal aspects of tetraplegia. You want him to get up from that chair so much, but because it's FNL and it doesn't bubble-wrap things, Hollywood-style, you just see him dealing with it. They show him lying there and being dressed and learning to use a wheelchair. They talk about catheters and how he can't ejaculate or he'll get a urinary tract infection and it's so, so sad.

Tim Riggins (Taylor Kitsch) is one of the hottest bad/good boys on TV. Luckily the actor who plays him is actually 25 so I don't have to feel like I'm perving on MINORS.

Mmm, lots more Friday Night Lights episodes to go! I love TV.

*****SPOILERS END*****

0 comments: