Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What have I been doing?

Right, it is half-past midnight and my eyes are like sponge cakes filled with strawberry jam: soft, leaky, and red. Unfortunately they're not as delicious.

Where are our blog posts, Angie? I can hear someone (hi, Kathry!) saying. Seriously, as much as I would have liked to, these past few days I have not been lying in bed with a paperback, sipping tea and eating hot buttered toast with honey.

Nope, I've been frantically doing a lot of processing on the illustration below, and getting it ship-shape so that it will be good enough for print.

This has meant taking it apart, fixing the bits I didn't like: jaggies, holes, inconsistencies, putting them together again and exporting the image into a suitable format. I think I've spent 6 or 7 hours on post-production so far. GAH.

Now it is a massive 600dpi file that is about 3500 x 2500. And oh, the imperfections that can be seen at that level. Bad news if you're a perfectionist with OCD.

But it will all be worth it. I've joined a fantastic Australian art community that will provide me with the opportunity to not only display my portfolio, but also sell my art as t-shirts, cards and prints, with a decent commission. I'll let you know more as soon as my first piece is up!

And then let the pimping marketing begin!

Update (27/06/2007): Ended up going to bed at 1.19am. I slept in, which made my mother think it was Saturday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are our blog posts, Angie? I can hear someone (hi, Kathry!) saying. Seriously, as much as I would have liked to, these past few days I have not been lying in bed with a paperback, sipping tea and eating hot buttered toast with honey.

Hey! hehe, jk.
It probably won't make you feel better to hear that i HAVE been lying around all week, not sipping tea and eating toast, instead eating jelly and icypoles. However, it has been accompanied by nasty tonsillitis and now suspected glandular fever. At least i have been able to catch up on lots of movies :).
Kathry

an9ie said...

Don't forget the TV shows! I am a big Entourage fan now. How I love Ari and his potty-mouth.

Get well soon Kathry!

juliness said...

Oh wow! You are going for it, aren't you? Good job! Can't wait to get me one of those hot original tee shirts. Don't forget about us little people.

girlanddog said...

Love the bunny, when's the T-shirt coming out??

an9ie said...

Juliness - Yep, as soon as I heard about this community, I thought, that's it, full steam ahead!

Girl - It's not quite t-shirt material in its current form, but you have given me a great idea for adapting it. THANK YOU!