Monday, June 04, 2007

If my subconscious says it, it must be true

Hmm, that bra post seems to have struck a chord with a lot of readers. This is probably why John Gray never got round to publishing "Mars and Venus Go to the Department Store"; he knew it would undo all the hard-earned between-the-sexes understanding that his previous books helped to achieve (hee).

Even as I write this, MFC is getting some boy-time in his "cave", and judging from the sounds of explosions and gunfire coming from his room, he is either: a) a former Navy SEAL trying to escape from an island populated by drug-trafficking mercenaries, b) winning World War II singlehandedly, or c) rescuing his (computer) girlfriend from carnivorous aliens using his shaman skills and his spirit eagle.

See what a good girlfriend I am? So considerate am I, that I am going to wait for him to come out of his cave (like a rubber band springing back, thanks John) before I rugby tackle him to the floor and put my cold hands on his stomach.

Anyway, on Saturday night I had an interesting dream demonstrating what my subconscious really thinks about men and their choices. Do bear with me, guys, I know listening to an account of someone else's dream is about as interesting as watching re-runs of The View.

I was in a college building, and people had been going missing for a while. Bodies kept turning up with their throats ripped out, and one night I was walking through a corridor when someone pulled me into a cupboard to hide and we saw a gang of vampires violently round up some humans and take them away.

Finally there was a big showdown. People had to choose sides.

Unfortunately, the vampires had already turned all the popular girls on campus into vampires.

This made all the guys decide to join the vampires.

Which left me, and the other homely not-so-popular girls, to defend the forces of good.

It wasn't a pretty face-off. I think the ratio of vamps-to-humans was 3:1.

Luckily, at the last minute, I found a set of Japanese swords, decapitated the head vampire (some chick in a very short skirt and quite possibly a thin bra with no padding) with my awesome skills, stole her Mask of Protection, and then cut a swathe through the rest of the bloodsuckers and the pondscum who had decided to join them.

Hmm, I wonder what my subconscious is trying to say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your subconscious is trying to tell you that you've watched too much Buffy.

<3 RaZeR

an9ie said...

Quite possibly. Even though the last time I watched Buffy was in early 2006. AAaaaaAAAh!