Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The breastfeeding debate continues ...

There was a rare occasion a few weeks ago, when all three of us siblings happened to be at my parents' place at the same time.

We were in the kitchen, talking to Mum, and my older sister, Y, was standing in between me and G (our younger brother). Suddenly Y looked up at both of us and went: "Why am I the shortest one here?"

an9ie:
Maybe Mum shouldn't have taken so much crack the first time she was pregnant.

Y:
ANGIE!

an9ie:
Oh, I don't know. Breastfeeding? I know Mum didn't breastfeed any of us for very long. Oh, Mo-ther ...

Mum:
(chopping up vegetables) Hmm?

an9ie:
Just how long did you breastfeed Y for?

Mum:
Three months.

an9ie and Y:
What?!?

Mum:
I really wanted to go back to work!

an9ie:
Ha! You see! And me?

Mum:
Five months.

an9ie:
And G?

Mum:
Three months.

an9ie:
Ah ha! Ah ha ha! I got the most breast milk!

Y:
ANGIE!

1 Comment:

Bronwyn said...

Can relate to this: I got the most of the five of us, I think it was 20 weeks?! Thank goodness we know more about the benefits of breastfeeding these days. Baby clinic sisters used to have mothers giving _very_ young babies things like orange juice and egg yolk when I was a baby - I've seen the record book!