Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not my new banner

I'd been thinking of revamping my blog for a long time. Two columns or three? Which fonts? What colours? Arg! Too many decisions!

The only thing I knew, with utmost certainty, was that I had to have a new banner. And not just any banner, but something special, something cute and funny, with a bit of moxie. Whee!

Unfortunately, the design muse struck at the same time as the if-only-it-were-PMS, but-it's-not, I'm-just-a-cranky-old-b!tch muse.

And thus the banner above was born. Please, click on it for a larger view. Otherwise you might miss the laser-y hatred-beam coming from Chopper's baleful eyes.

I still have a soft spot for ol' Chopper up there. Oh, that doggie! The more he glared at me, the more I wanted to scoop him up and take him home . . .

. . . except that would have made his Mummy cry, so I didn't. But I would've made him love me! Honest! In a Kathy Bates from Misery kind of way, maybe, but there's different ways of showin' lovin'!

I created the Chopper banner with Randal's words still ringing in my ears, and I don't think it's something I'll be able to live with for very long.

At the moment I'm doing my best to climb out of negative canyon* into shiny happy land, and Chopper looking disdainfully at me every time I open up my blog is not going to speed up the process.

And although I'm sure you intelligent and attractive readers are made of much stronger stuff than me, it might not be a very nice way to start your day either, staring into the glowering eyes of a resentful dachshund.

Those dogs are small, but their eyes have crazy evil juju.

P.S. There may be a couple more cranky posts coming. Your forbearance is greatly appreciated.


* I was going to say "crack", but it would have detracted from the gravity of that sentence.

9 comments:

girl and dog said...

Here's the best way to snap out of it: Count your blessings. Emotions are just energy, so exchange the negative for the positive and you'll be right as rain in no time!

an9ie said...

Thanks, girl! It's so true, we become so obsessed with the little things that are wrong, that we start overlooking the things that are right. I've started to look at things more positively and opportunities are bouncing out of the woodwork!

Your thankfulness blog is a good idea, perhaps I should start one too, or at least mention more things I'm thankful for :)

Blandwagon said...

Do not listen to girl and dog. They are obviously hippies of some kind.

I like your new banner a lot.

an9ie said...

Blandy, I think we are just too cynical because a) it's as natural to us as breathing , and b) sometimes it's just too much fun. I do find that the b!tchiness tends to spill over with me though, and then it's time to put some change into the karma bank.

And thanks! I like the new banner as well, but I do feel a little discomfited whenever I look at it. I mean, if a sausage dog is looking down on you, it's probably time to start some kind of 12-step plan...

I had an alternative speech bubble that I thought was funny, but MFC said that it didn't suit Chopper. The alternative is based on the glare in his eyes being intense attraction instead of hatred (of course, this is what I assume whenever I meet new people. Yep, they're laughing WITH me. WITH ME.)

Anyway, I'll post the alternative banner when I get a minute, and we shall see. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Anonymous said...

maybe draw a sausage dog. Drawings have much more character, and yours drawings have always reflected some of that. I've always liked the drawings you have shared.

I don't really like the green/yellow, then again, I dislike most colourful chirpy styles. But this lighter yellow/green with dots kind of reminds me of those advertisements that use COMICS, usually featuring late 50's characters...

I think if you could somehow amalgamate cute sausage dogs, mothers wisdom, MFC's humour, asian superstition, and the look of sincere frustration of your southpark avatar into a single banner, you'd be getting pretty close ;)

- RaZeR

an9ie said...

Sausage dogs rock. I like the green and yellow effect myself, because green is one of my favourite colours. Yes Razer, I know if you had your way we'd all be wearing black and look goth. Hmm, that's not a bad idea - goth sausage dogs (file thought away for future use).

The comic book look is intentional, for I have discovered the COLOUR HALFTONE filter, and I'm not afraid to use it. Mwahahaha!

Juliness said...

I love Chopper! The death glare is sweet.

ジェネヴィーヴ said...

As soon as I saw that picture I started cracking up remembering your post about him. Awww.

New layouts are always hard to come up with. I'm in the process of trying to make my own website and figuring out layouts, etc. It's all so tiring. -_-

an9ie said...

juliness:
The fact that the death glare comes from a cute little fuzzball you can scoop up and smoosh to death with hugs is probably the source of its appeal :)

Genevieve:
I agree! This is why I regret putting up a post about revamping the blog, oh, months ago, silly me, and got juliness all excited (sorry j!), because I STILL haven't done anything. It's a labour of love, but one you can keep procrastinating indefinitely with!