Monday, March 19, 2007

Just for now . . .

A lot of stuff has happened that I'm still processing. I spent a weekend in hell by myself, and at the end of it I was so tired that I cried, well, bawled, really, in my car on the way home. (I cry when I'm really tired, and I'm grouchy when I'm really hungry. If you combine the two situations you have a WMD that could break Kim Jong-Il.)

Anyway, it wasn't all for nothing, because it's snapped me out of my wah-wah-I'm-going-nowhere-self-pitying mood, and resulted in an epiphany about what I need to do, to follow my path, and what I don't need to do.

As soon as these things clicked into place in my mind, my mood, my work, and my relationships, with others and myself, improved, within a few hours.

It was, once again, an instance where I'd thrown something out to the Universe with a "help me!" attached, something I just couldn't handle or make sense of, and suddenly eerily relevant opportunities and support came my way.

People may scoff, but I've often done this, asked a higher power than myself for help, and my prayers and questions have always been answered. Not always how I pictured they would be, but always, always for the best.

So, to use that hoary but apt cliché, it's like a weight has been lifted. I might post about it later, but there's a lot of stuff to filter, and maybe some of it should be private.

For now, this is an awesome sight that I saw on the way to MFC's last Wednesday night, and I had to share it with you guys.

A whole group of people on special motorbikes that have been modified to hold two passengers at the back. I have no idea what they're called. Tri-bikes maybe? Anyway, it was a pretty awesome sight to see them all thundering down the highway at once.

They were quite pretty, and looked like a bucket of fun to ride.


And then I saw this, and my night became . . . just . . . perfect!

It's a doggie! ON A MOTORBIKE!
WITH GOGGLES!

4 comments:

ジェネヴィーヴ said...

I cry when I'm really tired, and I'm grouchy when I'm really hungry. If you combine the two situations you have a WMD that could break Kim Jong-Il.

I don't know who Kim Jong- Il is but I get that way too when I'm tired and hungry. When I was a kid I would get really violent when I was hungry/ tired. I would attack people. Once I got thrown out of a church camp and banned for a year because of it. Whatev! I was 8 years old and they were trying to get me up at 6am! As if!

an9ie said...

Dude! Banned from church camp! What a badass :)

Kim Jong-Il is a North Korean dictator who runs his country like it's the 1950s and has missiles that he threatens to fire off every few months. He was also very "ronery" in Team America. I don't think he's a very nice man.

emskiBee said...

an9ie, i completely understand your crying session. in fact, i had one myself (taking the tally this week to 3 and it's only Wednesday). there are much other enjoyable things to be doing in life. keep smiling in the beautiful way that you do.

an9ie said...

Aww, thanks em! *HUGS*
At least crying is cathartic, and you do feel a little better afterwards, (although the before and during are pretty bad). Better out than in, I guess!