Sunday, February 04, 2007

I love doxies/Meeting Chopper

While Em and I were at work yesterday, we spotted a lady with a dachshund walking towards us.

an9ie: OH MY GOD! A DACHSHUND!

Nice lady pauses and smiles.

an9ie:
CAN I PET HIM? (Offers hand and rubs dachshund under chin.)

Dachshund (glares at an9ie): You disgust me.

I felt like Elmira from the Looney Tunes cartoons. Poor Elmira! So much love to give, but no takers.

Nice lady: Do you think it would be alright for me to use those toilets over there? (indicating chemical toilets put out for triathlon).

an9ie: SURE! WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO HOLD YOUR DOG FOR YOU WHILE YOU GO?

Nice lady: Um, OK, I was wondering where I would leave him. Here you go (hands over leash).

an9ie: What's his name?

Nice lady: Chopper.

Chopper: You . . . have . . . GOT to be *&^%ing kidding me.

She gave me Chopper's leash, and he gave it a small desperate tug as he saw her walking away. When he discovered that attempts to escape were futile, he went and sat down as far away as his leash would allow. See how much tension there is on the leash?


Chopper thinks, Blech, I feel defiled.

So I got Em to hold Chopper's leash while I took some photos.

an9ie: Yoohoo! Chopper! Look over here!

Chopper (refuses to make eye contact): Get away from me, devil- woman!


Please come back, Mummy! I promise to be good!


This patch of grass that some other dog has peed on is WAY more interesting than you. 

Sigh, I miss having a dachshund.

0 comments: