Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy Australia Day!



All posts today brought to you courtesy of AUSTRALIA DAY! (But only because this glorious public holiday allowed me to sleep in and post this morning from home.)

Happy Australia Day, everybody! I love it because I get to sleep in (yes, I know I've mentioned it already) AND we have fireworks this evening in the city (that experts from overseas are setting off for us because the government thinks we are all morons who will blow our hands and ears off otherwise).

Oh, and I suppose because I love this country too. No, no, I really do :) (I can't stand the national anthem though, and think we should have used "Waltzing Matilda" or something with a better tune, but that's a story for another day.)

MFC and I "still call Australia home" and we can't think of anywhere
else we'd rather live. I hope all of you from overseas can come and visit this great country one day.

2 comments:

girlanddog said...

OMG, can you imagine "Waltzing Matilda" playing at the Olympics every time an Australian won a gold medal??? Too funny!!!

an9ie said...

Oh, that tune! The words I can live with, but the tune makes me grind my teeth :/