Thursday, December 28, 2006

Domo-kun says: ARRRRRGH! Merry (belated) Christmas and a Snappy New Year!



Birthday: 28th December, 2006.
Method: MS Paint and Wacom tablet.
Comment: Hoo boy, I really need to learn about a) light and shadow and b) layers. But every new picture is a lesson, hey? I do TRY to use layers, but they frustrate me so, probably because I don't know what I'm doing, and then I go, SIGH, back to MS Paint. Sweet, simple, MS Paint.
However, MFC has found me some cool video tutorials, so I expect to become the queen of vectors and layers ANY DAY NOW.
I decided to draw Domo-kun (the mascot of Japan's NHK TV station) because RaZeR said that whenever he read "Angie SMASH!" in this blog, it made him think of Domo-kun :) And there have been a lot of Angie SMASH incidents, mainly due to the flood of village idiots turning up at MFC's place, at his housemate's invitation.
My Domo-kun looks a bit too friendly though, like he's going, "Hey, hey! Guys! Welcome to the party! Long time no see, man! Ooh, is that a kegger I see?" Don't worry, friends, when I draw the an9ie version of Domo-kun, there's gonna be enough aggro to spare!

5 comments:

Jurgen Nation said...

Domo-kun just needs a bottle of vodka in one hand and he'll look like me at a party. Merry Christmas/Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/Celebration of Your Local Supreme Deity!

an9ie said...

Vodka, eh? That gives me an idea for a Domo-kun triptych - "Domo-kun, his hidden pain", or "Domo-kun, the forgotten years" :p Thanks for dropping by, Stacy!

an9ie said...

Holy crap, voazhti, did you know...that all your blogs have been taken over by...SPAM?!!?
Ah well, no spam was left directly on my blog, so thank you for the Christmas wishes, little spambot!

Blandwagon said...

Domo-kun! Domo-kun! Domo-kun!

Sorry, but I just really love Domo-kun. He's everything I want to be.

an9ie said...

No apologies necessary, Blandwagon. Who WOULDN'T want to be Domo-kun?