Wednesday, November 15, 2006

An unwanted orphan on our hands?

I was taking out some rubbish this morning and I found this little guy cowering on top of our green wheelie bin. He looks like he's just finished his babyhood. If you click on the picture, you'll be able to see little bits of down on his neck.


My housemate pointed him out yesterday, he was sitting on the fence and he looked a little scared but didn't fly away. Perhaps he was too frightened or too weak to fly. He will let you come to within a metre of him but cowers if you make any sudden moves.

Then I looked up and this adult bird was watching us, I thought perhaps it was the mother, but then it flew away. Bad mama!


Who knows where this little guy will be when we come home? At times like these I wish people didn't let their cats roam free.

0 comments: