Thursday, November 16, 2006

John Keats put it very well when he said:

"Where are the songs of Spring? Ay, where are they?"

It was so warm yesterday that I expected to walk into the bathroom and see Turkish men in white loincloths offering to rub scented oil into my muscles for a few lira.

Today, I've dressed in summery clothes (white cotton top and short skirt) and the mercury's plummeted to 23 degrees Celsius (OK, I know the use of the word "plummeted" here is a bit of an exaggeration). Brrr. Apparently it's snowing in Tamworth and parts of Victoria. Crazy weather!

Luckily in a few years we'll have buggered up the environment so much that we'll be living in temperature-controlled bio-domes.

Did I say "luckily"?

2 comments:

Juliness said...

You should talk to my brother, he's got a whole conspiracy-based global-warming theory going on.

But really? The weather here has been odd too, so maybe I should begin paying attention to his ramblings.

an9ie said...

I'd like to hear this conspiracy, as long as he can keep it to under 100 words :) Apparently it's snowed in the highlands of Queensland too! For the non-Aussies, think of Queensland as the home state of the Crocodile Hunter. It's famous for balmy, tropical weather, and bananas, not SNOW.