Thursday, October 26, 2006

I see dead people - Part 2

I'm so proud. Last Tuesday night was the first night in a week where I slept by myself with the light off. I couldn't be prouder than a five year old that's stopped wetting the bed and had his rubber sheets taken off.

I did get some horrible movie flashbacks while brushing my teeth before turning in, but managed to calm myself down by reading some Rumpole (The Second Omnibus). I then turned off the light and stared straight ahead, clenching a spare pillow tightly between my arms and knees. At some point I fell asleep and then woke up to daylight. Woohoo! No night-time visitors!

But read a little further and you'll see how traumatised I still am...

As you may know, it was MFC's birthday on Monday, and some friends had given him a nice ring (he'd told me about it over e-mail but I'd forgotten).

Here is an excerpt from a conversation we had late last night. He was tapping away at the computer and I was falling asleep in bed.

MFC: "Would you like to see the ring?"
Me: (shrieking with a mixture of petulance and terror) "Nooo!"
MFC: "Huh?"
Me: "Oh, you're not talking about the movie, are you?"
MFC: "You're crazy."

0 comments: