Thursday, September 28, 2006

Hippoprince



Birthday: 28th September, 2006
Method:
Freehand in MS Paint. Look, Ma, no layers!
Comment: How could I refuse a request from Razer, my most faithful and regular blog reader? (Actually I think he and Emma B are my ONLY regular blog readers, but, eh... :)

The story behind this harks back to when I was a little girl in church listening to my dad preach. It was a very fiery sermon delivered from a soaring pulpit, and he was talking about how bad hypocrites were, and repeated the word "hypocrite" many times in his booming voice to emphasise how bad it was to be one. Except whenever he said it my child's brain translated it to "hippoprince" because I didn't know what a hypocrite was. I wondered how they got to be princes in the first place, and decided that they had to be very rich and spoilt, and probably just got born into hippo royal families.

P.S. If you click on the picture, you can see a larger version of it and have a closer look at his voice bubble!

P.P.S. And yes, that is a panda he's asking for. And if you want to know why, I shall retort, who WOULDN'T want a freakin' panda?

2 comments:

dex mission said...

hey! i read your blog :)

i havent been online for awhile now though, lots to deal w/ recently. but i really enjoyed your story and the image reminded me of the petit prince childrens book.

been actually working on your request to do a step by step of how i work, but i think for now i should send you to james jean's blog. hes an amazing artist and has a neat process. his process is different from mine but the basic idea and principle is the same. check him out at:

processrecess.com

and scroll down...

an9ie said...

OMG I have THREE readers! Thanks for the link, dex, I shall check it out...really like your IF piece for this week, by the way.