Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Illustration Friday: Play



Birthday: 14th August 2006
Method: MS Paint with Wacom tablet
Comment: Apologies for such a simple picture. This is my first Illustration Friday entry - when I saw that this week's theme was "Play", I thought of growing up in South East Asia, and how, when the monsoon rains came, we imagined we had banana leaf boats and went sailing around the world. Those imaginings were so strong I remember them as if they were real memories.

Also I thought I should enter something in before I lost my nerve!

15th August 2006 - coloured in the picture and added more detail, you can see it here.

7 comments:

aynaku said...

lovely drawing...I like the idea of sailing away aboard a banana leaf...I spent some years in south east asia and never heard such a nice tale!

an9ie said...

Thank you for the encouraging feedback, aynaku! What a happy coincidence - I was looking at your site the other day and wishing I was back in Tokyo! (Went there in February for a holiday :)

ultravioleta said...

- is +
love it!

Diane Duda said...

this is a sweet idea...simple and lovely!

Aslan said...

Welcome to the IF comunnity!!!

michael dailey said...

like ur concept and ur line work on this very nice

an9ie said...

^_^ Thanks everyone! I feel spurred on to do more and better. Can't wait till the next IF!