Thursday, September 29, 2005

Black Eyed Peas

The Black Eyed Peas were on at the Burswood Dome last night. They came on after John Legend at about 8.45 and kept going for two hours. Damn good value. Fergie's face looked very scary on the big screen but she has ripped abs and can do one-handed cartwheels so all is forgiven. Very good rack also. In fact all the Peas are pretty good breakdancers. Who would have thought it? Acoustics were not fantastic but you could still recognise the songs. Kate was antsy all week that they'd do old stuff like "Joints and Jam" - and they did.

On a side note, while that song was being played, suspicious smelling smoke was wafted off the stage. Eau de grass? Would they have money to burn a bale of the real thing for each show? I don't know.

I was in the front general admission area by myself. (After dinner I had to separate from the girls because they bought their tickets an hour after I got mine, and there were no standing tickets left in my area. In a hour.) The vibe was pretty good so I didn't mind.

Side-note: after last night, as Gwen is my witness I am never settling for anything less than front standing room at a rock concert. Being any further away is just not worth it.

I started off 50 metres away from the stage but started doing a little shuffling and dodging and some Jedi mind-tricking and finally ended up about 20 metres from the front centre. Not too shabby. There were some short girls there that I felt sorry for because there was no way they could have seen the stage.

A group of feral skanks on my right tried to push their way to the front but someone's boyfriend gave them the hard word. Hee. They also tried to pick a fight with some private school girls but that fizzled out. I was a little disappointed. I mean, da-mn, my first time in the pit AND a girlfight. Ah, the stories I could have told...

It's funny how mobile phones have replaced lighters when the ballads come on. Much prettier and without the stigma of lung cancer. How I wish my phone took proper digital photos instead of LSD-trip shots.

I also like Taboo's style, even if he does look like a character from Planet of the Apes. Will.I.Am came on and did some improv rap which was pretty good. He also did a quick cover of Milkshake and Drop It Like It's Hot. Now that's something everyone could sing along to.

The bits I enjoyed the most were:

- when "My Humps" came on. Yes, go on, cast the first stone. You love it too. Liar.
- the Peas breakdancing.
- watching feral skank girls try to get right up the front and failing, then trying to get closer to the middle but being pushed back by little schoolgirls. One of them tried to get past me but I just engaged my abs. (One day, when RPM has worked its magic, perhaps others can see them too.)

I do like that Humps song. Sigh. Although I mock them, I'm afraid I do have a little chigga in me.

4 comments:

wufei said...

random blogger ...lmao


i dont know if i enjoyed more your memoir of the concert or this anonymous comments..lol

william styles=planet of the apes ..hmmm ha i knew those apes were taking over ....lol

an9ie said...

I've deleted those anonymous comments. I reckon they're like blog spam. Sheesh, who the heck buys penis enlargement pills? Well, if stupid people spend their money on those they're less likely to buy guns.

Kevin Jackson said...

Well, this is interesting. I did a blog search for caffeine in green tea and found your site. When I get some time I'll come back and find out where caffeine in green tea appears and how it relates - if it even does. Take care - nice work.

Alyce Jayne said...

Hey I went to the Peas concert in Birssy and they were awsome! And everything you said they did in Brissy to! Except Fergie only sung half of 'MY Humps' and said 'To be continued' and then she didnt even sing any more? Whats up with that? Anyway I had seating tickets and I stood up and danced the whole time and this ugly chick behind me said 'Can you please sit down' when she was like the only one in our section not standing up!! I told her to get up and enjoy her self! Oh well you cant tell some people! Any way, glad you had fun!
Alyce
19,F,QLD