Monday, June 27, 2005

Batman Begins

Absolutely, positively, the best Batman film EVER. Some movies just get silly and let you down half-way, but BB had really good pacing and flow. It was pretty much riveting from start to finish. Some of the very intelligent (or do I mean barely intelligible?) thoughts running through my head during the movie were:

1. I love Christian Bale. Ooh, Christian Bale doing push-ups. Mmm, Christian Bale getting out of bed. Must...wipe...drool...off...chin...
2. Liam Neeson is one fine looking man. Nice to know some things just get better with age.*
3. I want to go to ninja school!
4. Hehe, he's a psychologist and his name is Dr. Crane! I don't like Dr. Crane, he has girly fish-lips.
5. That is all.

I also find that I'm quite susceptible to advertising. That beer ad for Beck's came on and I thought "Wow, German sounds so cool! I wish I was German!" Good chocolate is so cheap in Germany. You can pick anything and it'll be melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Whereas here the equivalent product would taste like Milo-flavoured wax. And German immigration were so nice and just let me straight through when I visited. "Haff a nice day!" said the nice Teutonic man to me, barely glancing at my passport. UK immigration on the other hand were going "How long are you staying for? What are you doing for a living? Where are you studying? When do you finish your degree? Where are you staying in London? Let me see your ticket so I can see when you're flying back!" and I was going "Dude! I come from country with better weather. I don't want to stay here!"

Sorry about the jive talk. I was watching "Save the Last Dance" with the girls last night and we were going "Holla holla holla - why you all up in my grill foo'?" all night. Hee.



* Seeing Liam Neeson in BB also got the bad taste of Kinsey out of my mouth. Urgh! Self-pleasuring grandma! Ptui!

0 comments: