Monday, May 02, 2005

Oh the indignity

I had to stay home today. My back is stuffed, and so is my knee (both entirely my fault). I can feel the Reaper's skeletal hand trying to cop a feel already.

I love work. It is my quiet, little sanctuary.

But instead I got to stay in bed and lie on my back all day. Woohoo. Yes, I know there are people who would loooove to do that blah blah, but they've never had to live with my family.

No matter how old you are, there are always new ways they can torture you with love. Let's just say that my particular experience today involved camphor oil and a girdle-corset thingy.

No, I don't want to talk about it.

2 comments:

RaZeR said...

can I get a job where you work? It sounds like they feed you happy addictive stuff there!

Just joking... I used to be a sys admin myself, it'll always be my second preference as a job, as I actually enjoy getting stuff to work. They interested in hiring any code monkeys?

an9ie said...

Amazing how good management makes you actually care about doing your best. I think there are some openings, but they're more of the fresh-out-of-Uni loooooow pay monkeys.