Sunday, March 20, 2005

Three days in one post - lazy me

Friday

My laptop is ready! Hooray! Now I can watch TV on it and finally find out what the fuss is about Desperate Housewives, Lost, The Amazing Race ... ah screw it, there's not enough hours in the day. Except for BSG, there's always time for BSG and the divine No. 6 and Jamie Bamber.

Saw the dermatologist, and the long and short of it is, I have to go on Roaccutane to fix this thing long-term. I started tonight before I lost my nerve and made excuses re: the Nationals, training, vanity, side-effects--big plans require big actions, there's no turning back now. They definitely don't hold back when describing the potential side-effects; there are some scary ones which would fit right into the sealed-section in Cosmo. In a nutshell, the guidelines are: sunlight will make you melt, invest in Vaseline shares, and stay away from sharp objects.

Also, my tweezers are going to become my new best friend as waxing is a no-no (apologies in advance for the grotesque image). I figure if I start getting up at 5 in the mornings, I can do about a square centimetre of grazing a day with these babies.

Saturday


Saw AmM (vocals and guitar) and D (b. vocals and violin) in their band Rotary 10 at the Lookout. Hehe - who would've thought AM was such a rock goddess in front of the mike? D's violin was really good as well, but I can't wait to see her sing with shitYeah. They'd been shopping on Friday and got these cool debutante goth gowns and droolsome boots. Mmm, love boots.

G and J were there as well but had to leave early as G had a triathlon in Freo on Sunday morning. He said that as long as he beat one guy in tight colourful spandex with shaved legs he'd be happy. Maidstone was on after R10, and they were surprisingly good (I work on the glass-half-empty principle when it comes to local bands), you could tell they'd been playing together for a while.

Sunday

Visiting parents and emptying out their fridge day.

0 comments: